Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sommelier Class 9/28

Well, I had my first Sommelier class 6 days ago and I am still amazed by the enlightenment. It's amazing what 8 wine loving people in one room will do in a wine learning/tasting experience. The 6.5 hour evening (5 PM - 11:30 PM) covered a lot of information starting from the history of wine to viticulture (the growing of grapes) to viniculture (the making of wine) to the nuances of Sauvignon Blanc & Chardonnay. Yes, A LOT of information to process but fortunately was presented by an EXCELLENT instuctor of the International Sommelier Guild. I'll have to get use to the "swishing & spitting" so that I can be a responsible NOVA driver. Maybe I will look into asking the company of Girls Night Out to take me to and from my class each week :)

No comments: